In Ekiti, JTF apprehends two suspected kidnappers, recovers ransom

0
138

Two alleged kidnappers who held four victims hostage for days were apprehended by a Joint Task Force, or JTF, that was set up to defend the Kogi/Ekiti border area.

As part of the Eradicate Bandit at the Borders of Rural Ajoni Communities (EBBORAC) operation, the JTF, which consists of the military, police, Amotekun corps, and local hunters, also retrieved some of the N3 million that had been gathered from the victims.

Last week, gun-wielding kidnappers kidnapped a school principal, two teachers, and a nurse from Irele-Ekiti in the Ajoni Local Council Development Area of Ekiti State and took them to an unidentified location.

Read Also: Appeal Court Reinstates Bwacha As APC Guber Candidate In Taraba

Three of the kidnapped people were eventually released after a N3 million ransom was paid, but one of them apparently evaded the kidnappers.
The chairman of Ajoni LCDA, Hon. Michael Ogungbemi, told journalists, in Ado Ekiti, on Thursday, that the suspects were nabbed during a joint operation inside the sprawling forest at the Irele-Kogi border area.

Ogungbemi said the operation became so intense that the kidnappers hurriedly freed three victims from captivity, which provided a lead for the JTF to proceed with the combing of all forests in the axis.

“When they knew that the operation was closing in on them, three victims in their possession were suddenly released this afternoon. This further provided a lead for the operation.

“Part of the ransom paid by the victims was found, and the freed victims are now receiving medical care in the hospital.

The police are currently questioning and investigating two suspects who were also captured by the JTF, the official added.

The arrest was confirmed by Brig. Gen. Joe Komolafe, Commandant of the Amotekun Corps in Ekiti State.

Read Also: Court dismisses Chris Azubogu, APGA candidate for Anambra South senate seat

According to Akomolafe, those who were detained are currently in police custody, while the victims who were released have gotten proper medical care at the hospital.

“I can confirm that the police have detained two suspects and are holding them,” he said. The victims who were freed were initially taken to the hospital, but they have now been reunited with their families, he said.

Get every Post-UTM, Admission, List, JAMB, WAEC, NECO, and Schools Resumption Date, Breaking News on your WhatsApp Status Now - To join, click the links below.
Join Television Nigerian Whatsapp Now
Join Television Nigerian Facebook Now
Join Television Nigerian Twitter Now
Join Television Nigerian YouTUbe Now
Previous articleLagos’ boat night trip ban remains in effect
Next article2023: Fani-Kayode identifies greatest challenge facing APC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here